Australian Construction Achievement Award
Australian Construction Achievement Award (ACAA)
Now in its 24th year, this prestigious award is the most significant event of the year for the construction industry. The ACAA brings together the best construction projects, delivered by the nation’s leading construction companies. The event showcases all projects selected as finalists and highlights the innovation and project skills of each organisation amongst 500 attendees, as well as the broader industry through associated communication and marketing activities.
This year’s black tie event will be held in Melbourne on Thursday 26 August at the Grand Hyatt. It will be a hybrid event with participants also able to join online. This year promises to be bigger and better with both the 2020 and 2021 winners to be announced.
The Australian Construction Achievement Award was first presented in 1997, as an annual award to recognise and reward innovation and the highest standard of work in the Australian construction industry. The award celebrates the skills, productivity and prosperity that the industry brings to Australia.
Entry is open to all Australian construction companies (individually or as part of a joint venture or contractual alliance), with direct responsibility for the construction of the nominated project. Finalists are chosen from initial entries, followed by a detailed judging process by an independent judging panel involving site inspections to select the winner.
2021 Australian Construction Achievement Award finalists
The finalists in the 2021 ACAA are:
- Australia 108, Melbourne, Victoria, by Multiplex Constructions
- Bruce Highway Upgrade, Caloundra Road to Sunshine Motorway, Queensland by Fulton Hogan Seymour Whyte Joint Venture
- Pacific Highway Upgrade Woolgoolga to Ballina Section 2A – Wells Crossing to Glenugie, NSW by Acciona
- Zero Cost Energy Future, South Australia by Enerven.
2020 Australian Construction Achievement Award finalists
The finalists in the 2020 ACAA are:
- Caulfield to Dandenong Level Crossing Removal Project, Caulfield to Dandenong, Victoria by CTD Alliance
- Clarence Correctional Centre, Lavadia, New South Wales by John Holland Pty Ltd
- Darlington Upgrade Project, Adelaide, South Australia by Gateway South
- New Museum of WA, Perth, Western Australia by Multiplex Constructions Pty Ltd
- Newcastle Light Rail Fixed Instructure, Newcastle, New South Wales by Downer EDI Works Pty Ltd
- Sydney Metro Northwest, Rouse Hill to Chatswood, New South Wales by Northwest Rapid Transit
Please follow us on LinkedIn to keep up to date.
Previous winners of the award include:
2019, Chith Export Facility – McConnell Dowell
2018, Optus Stadium and Stadium Park – Multiplex Constructions
2017, Melbourne Port Capacity Project, Maritime Works – McConnell Dowell
2016, Moorebank Unit Relocation Project – Laing O’Rourke Australia Construction
2015, Victorian Regional Rail Link Project
2014, Cape Lambert Marine Works, Phase A – John Holland
2013, RMIT Swanston Academic Building – Brookfield Multiplex, and The New Royal Children’s Hospital – Lendlease Joint Winners
2012, Port Botany Expansion Project – Baulderstone
2011, West Gate Freeway Upgrade – West Gate Freeway Alliance
2010, Melbourne Convention Centre – Brookfield Multiplex
2009, EastLink Project Melbourne – Thiess and John Holland Joint Venture
2008, Perth Seawater Desalination Plant – Brookfield Multiplex
2007, Southern Cross Station Melbourne – Leighton Contractors
2006, Runway Main Construction Works, Tullamarine – John Holland
2005, The Bond Sydney – Bovis Lend Lease
2004, Alice Springs to Darwin Rail Link – ADRAIL Joint Venture
2003, The Brisbane Inner-City Bypass – Leighton Contractors
2002, Woronora Bridge – Barclay Mowlem Construction
2001, Queensland Clean Fuels Project – Queensland Clean Fuels Project Alliance
2000, Stadium Australia – Multiplex Constructions
1998, The Wandoo B Offshore Oil Platform – The Wandoo Alliance
1997, The Glebe Island Bridge (ANZAC Bridge) – Baulderstone Hornibrook Engineering
Find out more about the Australian Construction Achievement Award.