Workers in the construction sector are being encouraged to come forward for vaccination. There will be a range of priority booked, walk-up and general appointments available to those working in the sector.
- Construction workers can make priority bookings from today until Friday, 17 September, with appointments available up until Sunday, 19 September.
- Walk-in appointments at certain vaccination centres are available from today until Sunday, 26 September.
- Verbal attestation is all that is required for people who are construction workers.
- Construction workers aged 60 years and over will be offered AstraZeneca. Workers aged under 60 years will be offered Pfizer.
- Construction workers are defined as workers at a construction site, including apprentices and workers who frequently visit. A construction site is a work premises, residential, commercial or government at which civil works, building or construction activities take place.
- This focus on construction workers is in addition to the current promotion of vaccination happening across North Western Melbourne.
Book an appointment