CPB Contractors is the CIMIC Group’s construction company, with a team of around 23,000 people working at operations across Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Asia and India.
We combine the construction expertise and track record of two leading companies:
- The former Leighton Contractors, which was the founding company of the CIMIC Group in 1949.
- Thiess, formed in 1934 and now operating as the mining company of the CIMIC Group.
CPB Contractors delivers major projects across all key sectors of the construction industry, including roads, rail, tunnelling, defence and building.
We share the CIMIC Group principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery.
Safety underpins everything we do.
Go to cpbcon.com.au.
Delivering across geographies and sectors
Working closely with clients and partners, our projects connect communities, play a key role in urban and rural development, help drive economic growth and provide vital, long-term infrastructure.
Our operations span Australia, New Zealand, Asia, India and Papua New Guinea, including some of the region’s most significant projects.
Our work covers a range of delivery models, including design and construct, construct only, construction management, Alliances and Joint Ventures, and Public Private Partnerships (PPPs) in conjunction with CIMIC’s Pacific Partnerships.
A selection of current and recently completed projects include:
- Sydney’s M4 East Motorway, the New M5 Motorway and M4 Motorway Widening (completed in mid-2017), as part of WestConnex, Australia’s biggest integrated transport and urban revitalisation project.
- Major metropolitan rail infrastructure, including Gold Coast Light Rail Stage 2 in Queensland and two major components of Sydney Metro Northwest, as well as Sydney Metro City and South West.
- Sustainable transport infrastructure focused on creating better connected communities, including Level Crossing Removals in Melbourne and the recently completed Mitchell Freeway Extension in Perth and Wynyard Walk in Sydney’s CBD.
- Melbourne’s CityLink Tulla Widening project (Bulla Road to Power Street) and the West Gate Tunnel project in Melbourne.
- In the health sector, Sydney’s Northern Beaches Hospital, Adelaide’s new Royal Adelaide Hospital and Christchurch Hospital in New Zealand.
- Gateway WA, completed in early 2016, the biggest roads initiative undertaken by Main Roads WA, and inlet and public space works for Perth’s Elizabeth Quay development.
- Civil works for the Ichthys Project Onshore LNG Facilities, the Northern Territory’s biggest construction project.
- Key gas infrastructure and field development works in Queensland’s Surat Basin for QGC Pty Limited and Australia Pacific LNG.
- In New Zealand, Southern Corridor Improvements on State Highway 1 in Auckland, design and construct work for the Transmission Gully Motorway, the Schools 3 PPP and the Christchurch Convention Centre.