Formed in 1960, McConnell Dowell is a major engineering, construction, building and maintenance group employing 7,500 people throughout Australia, Asia, New Zealand, the Pacific and the Middle East. For over 50 years we have continually delivered the right engineering solutions for our public and private sector clients throughout our operating geographies.
McConnell Dowell’s diverse service offering includes building, electrical, marine, mechanical, pipeline, tunnelling and underground infrastructure capabilities in the key market sectors of commercial building, mining, oil and gas, petrochemical, power, public infrastructure, transport and water.
We believe there is a story in every project we build. A personality ingrained by those who design and build it. No matter what our clients’ project challenge, big or small infrastructure, we deliver the right people, the smarts, the desire and dedication to do the job well and to our client’s expectations.
Our creative approach and engineering ability is what we believe makes us stand out from the crowd, and that’s why our projects consistently win industry awards for our technical excellence and why we generate repeat business. Anyone can build it, but we believe we build it better and smarter.
Key projects we are undertaking or have recently completed throughout the country include:
- Gold Coast Light Rail, Qld
- Springvale Grade Separation, Vic
- FMG Rail, Mainline Upgrade and Solomon Spur, WA
- QCLNG Pipeline, Qld
- Port Botany Upgrade, NSW
- Seaford Rail Extension, SA
- Hume Dam Upgrade, NSW
- APLNG Pipeline, Qld
- Sydney Desalination Distribution Pipeline, NSW
- LinkWater Water Pipeline, QLD
- Adelaide Desalination Plant and Transfer Pipeline, SA
- RGP6 Marine Works, WA
- Bogong Hydro Scheme, Vic
- Western Recycle Scheme, NSW
- Perth Airport Terminal, WA
- Glenelg Tram Overpass, SA
- North Melbourne Station Upgrade, Vic
- Breakwater Road Bridge, Vic
- Pilbara Iron Ore Infrastructure, WA