Formed in 1960, McConnell Dowell is a Melbourne based world-class engineering, construction, building & maintenance group employing 7,000 people throughout Australia, Asia, New Zealand, the Pacific and the Middle East. For almost 50 years we have continually delivered the right engineering solutions for our public and private sector clients throughout our operating geographies.
McConnell Dowell’s diverse service offering includes building, electrical, marine, mechanical, pipeline, tunnelling and underground infrastructure capabilities in the key market sectors of commercial building, mining, oil & gas, petrochemical, power, public infrastructure, transport and water.
We believe there is a story in every project we build. A personality ingrained by those who design and build it. No matter what our Clients' project challenge, big or small infrastructure, we deliver the right people, the smarts, the desire and dedication to do the job well and to our Client’s expectations.
Our creative approach and engineering ability is what we believe makes us stand out from the crowd, and that’s why our projects consistently win industry awards for our technical excellence and why we generate repeat business. Anyone can build it, but we believe we build it better and smarter.
Key projects we are undertaking or have recently completed throughout the country include:
- Sydney Desalination Distribution Pipeline, NSW
- Western Recycle Scheme, NSW
- LinkWater Water Pipeline, QLD
- Manchester Dam Upgrade, QLD
- Barrett Burston Malt Facility, QLD
- Dalrymple Bay Coal Conveyor, QLD
- Adelaide Desalination Plant and Transfer Pipeline, SA
- South Australia Cricket Ground Upgrade, SA
- Glenelg Tram Overpass, SA
- Common User Facility, SA
- North Melbourne Station Upgrade, Vic
- Barwon Heads Bridge, Vic
- Bogong Hydro Scheme, Vic
- Meander RCC Dam, TAS
- RGP5 Marine Works, WA
- Pilbara Iron Ore Infrastructure, WA
- Perth Desalination Plant, WA
- Dampier to Bunbury Gas Pipeline 5, WA