The Australian Constructors Association (ACA) represents the nation's leading construction contracting organizations. ACA is dedicated to making the construction industry safer, more efficient, more competitive and better able to contribute to the development of Australia.
ACA member companies operate in a number of marker sectors including:
- Residential and non-residential building
- Engineering construction
- Process engineering
- Contract mining
- Maintenance and services
- Oil and gas operations
- Telecommunications services
- Environmental services
Association members operate globally, with member companies operating in Australasia, Europe, Asia, North and South America and the Middle East. Collectively ACA member companies have a combined annual revenue in excess of $50 billion and employ over 100,000 people in their Australian and international operations.
ACA is incorporated as a company limited by guarantee. The ACA Board of Directors consists of the chief executives of each of the member companies. Membership of the Association is open to national contractors with an annual turnover in excess of $AUD1billion.
The Association has four (4) key objectives:-
- To require the highest standards of skill, integrity and responsibility of member companies.
- To represent the interests of major contractors to government and other decision makers.
- To enhance and promote the status of construction contractors and the industry which they serve.
- To facilitate the exchange of technical information and encourage further research.